Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Idle

Gee it's so quiet lately in the office. The "juilletists" are back and the "aoutiens" have gone. Juilletists - refer to juillet, french for July - are those who take their holiday in July and aoutiens in August.
This time of period in France (and I guest in most cities in europe), life turns as if it was idle: my boulanger is closed (ooh I miss my pain au chocolat), my kiné doesn't practice until September, my leather sofa won't be delivered before September.... I guest everybody's left the city.
Talking about holidays, I'm so blessed with the generous number of holidays that I'm entitled every year: 25 days paid holiday, plus 5 days seniority holiday, plus 14 days of 35 hour additional days off law, plus 1 day for local festivity. You make the total, 45 weekdays a year!!!! 9 weeks holidays. I remember in indonesia, I only had 14 days of holiday (if my memory is good).
And it's true here, we kinda like to have 2 weeks on christmas, 2 in winter, 3 in summer, 1 in easter, 1 in autumn .......
have a wonderful summer holiday,
I'm off to my parent in-laws' summer house.

2 Comments:

At 3/8/05 1:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

enak ya kamu banyak dapet dari libur di France...gak ada rencana kemana2 summer ini? ikutan libur gitu.

 
At 11/8/05 8:42 PM, Blogger Lili said...

duh yg enjoy liburannya. Asyik sampe2 diitungin..hi..hi.
Met liburan deh, salam utk ortu.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home